Wednesday, June 21, 2006

London Travel

I decided to go to London. I bought the ticket at the last moment and I went during the first part of the week of holidays.


I took a plane for second time!!?? And it was the first time I was travelling alone. I was totally sleepy during the train to Amsterdam because I had to take the plane very early, and the day before, I did the baggage very late, so I spent only a few hours sleeping.


I was fighting again my eyes to keep them opened in the train. During one hour and twenty minutes I was looking the landscapes, trying to find something different each time.Finally I arrived to Amsterdam (Schipol) and I checked in on EasyJet. I used the change in the Airport to have some Pounds, ops, no Euro… first time I used different coins in my life. I was looking the money during a while to see how was; really strange and different; the sequence of the coins was not really uniform.
I didn’t see anything in the plane: it was cloudy and I was sleepy, the perfect mix for having a nap.


When I arrived to the airport, it was a little bit different from the airport of Amsterdam: more controls, more queues… you could smell an older environment. I went to the train station. Just before that they asked me: “What are you doing here? Which is the goal of your travel?” Like in the films, when they begin asking to a man all these questions and finally they think he is guilty or something like that ;)


I loose the train to Reading so I had to wait for the next one for one hour. When I took the train it was so different: the landscapes (I saw hills again), the way the man in the train asked for your ticket, the sits, the environment… two girls that came with me in the plane were in the train also and suddenly they saw something outside: it was a hilly street… I think for them it has to be really strange. It was funny to see how this street took their attention.
I arrived to the train station. Everybody was in the street because, as my friend explained to me later, the team of the city was at first division again. My friend came a few minutes later, and we went to the residence where he was living, just inside de campus of his university. The campus was really nice and the weather was good. We left the baggage and we went to have a look in the campus.In the night we were in a party in Reading. It was full of students.
Next day we went to visit London. My friend was a very good guider and we saw a lot of things in one day. We saw Trafalgar Square, Picadilly circus, Candem Town, Covern Garden, The Big Ben, and a lot of other things. We went to the house of “Sherlock Holmes”, ohhh, detectives!! We visited some very good shops of music near Candem Town, and we were walking in this place, where I bought two T-shirts of music: one of the Pixies and the other one of Radiohead. Very very good!!


We cocked the last day Spanish omelette and we went for a party again, this time inside the campus, where the girls were dressing as rabbits and small girls in scholl… indignant, isn’t it? It made me remember the movies of the parties in the United States.Next day in the midday we took the plane to come back Zwolle. My friend was coming with me to enjoy the beautiful town of Suola ;)


In the night we were in the room of the Canarian people, speaking and laughing.
First day we went for a festival in the park in front of our building. It was very sunny and a lot of people in the street. We enjoyed a lot.Next day we were visiting the market and we went for a picnic in the lake. It was very nice because the sun was shining and the weather was very good. My friend was riding a bike, despite he didn’t want to at the beginning ;) I thing finally he liked it :P


The last day of visits, we went for a round in Zwolle, visiting some places in Zwolle, some bars, and we went for having dinner in the centre also. In the night we were in the house of the Spanish people for a while. Later on, we went to one bar to have a drink.
The day of the trip to come back, I went with my friend to the train station, to take the train to comeback. We went by bike so I had to come back with two bikes. Funny ;)

E voila!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home